For the purpose of this policy in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (including as adopted under UK law) and other applicable data protection legislation including the Data Protection Act 2018, the controller of your personal information is IMG Arena UK Ltd (“IMG”, “we”, “us”, “our”). This policy explains how IMG uses personal information of players (“you”, “your”) who are associated with sport teams, leagues, and affiliated organisations.
Personal Data We Process
The categories of personal data we process includes:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Player ID
- Name of club
- Name of league
- Title of competitions
- Seasons of such competitions
Player ID is a unique identifier assigned to each player who participates in any competitions for which we collect data in order to model odds and create other betting-related products. We may process that personal data individually and, in combination with data that does not qualify as personal data such as match fixture information (match dates, team names and match statistics) and betting odds (which odds relate to the team and/or potential match outcomes).
Sources of Information
The source of the personal data derives from third party licensors and/or from biographical data that is (or was) already in the public domain.
Purpose of Processing
We process this data for the purpose of modelling odds for betting markets, settle those betting markets and to create other betting-related products.
Legal Bases for Processing
The legal bases for processing this information are to:
- Fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations
- To perform contracts between third parties
- Fulfil our legitimate interests including providing data-related services to our partners
Disclosure and Transfer of Information
We disclose this information to the following categories of recipients:
- Our relevant employees and employees of our affiliates, on a “need-to-know” basis
- Our professional advisors
- Sports betting industry participants (such as betting operators and suppliers) who partner with us
Your personal information will be transferred to other third-party organisations in certain scenarios if we are:
- Discussing selling or transferring part or all of our business – the information may be transferred to prospective purchasers and their advisors under appropriate terms as to confidentiality
- Reorganised or sold – information may be transferred to a buyer
- Required to by law, or under any regulatory code of practice we follow, or if we are asked by any public or regulatory authority – for example, law enforcement authorities or gambling authorities
- Defending a legal claim – your information may be transferred as required in connection with defending such claim
The information that we collect may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the UK and EEA, including the USA which may not have equivalent data protection laws to those applicable to UK and EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK/EEA who work for us, for one of our affiliated companies, or for organisations that function as a service provider to us. However, to ensure your personal information is properly protected in line with EU and UK data protection laws, the transfer of this information is governed by a contract including Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) approved by the European Commission and the UK Government.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the personal data was collected and thereafter if the law requires or permits us to retain the data for a longer period.
We use commercially reasonable security measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information we retain.
The personal data we process is not subject to any automated decision-making processes.
Depending on your location, certain laws apply to your personal information. You may have certain rights that include:
- Access. You may have the right to access personal information we hold about you and ask us for other information such as purposes of processing, categories of personal information and recipients of the information.
- Portability. You may have the right to request a copy of personal information about you and request that we transfer it to a third party (with certain exceptions).
- Correction. You may be entitled to request correction of any personal information about you which is incomplete or inaccurate.
- Erasure. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request deletion or erasure of the personal information we hold about you.
- Restriction of processing to storage only. You may have the right to require us to stop processing the personal information we hold about you other than for storage purposes in certain circumstances.
- Objection. Where we are processing personal information about you on the basis of legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing of personal information about you.
- Withdrawal of Consent: Where we rely on consent to process personal information about you, you may have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us.
- Complaint. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority should you feel unsatisfied with our treatment of your personal information.
You may also have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to our processing your personal information. However, we may be entitled to continue processing it in line with applicable law.
If you want to exercise any of these or other rights under applicable law, please contact us at email@example.com. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification.
Any updates we may make to this policy will be posted on this page, and we may also provide a website notice of any material changes for a reasonable period of time. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.